Thursday, December 6, 2007

Rebirth

I feel a weight, the weight of a heavy coat, or coat of armor, one that has embraced me, and protected me, though at times constricted as well, lifting, leaving me standing naked.

Today is my last lecture at Lemon. Part of me believes this may be my final lecture anywhere. It is a frightening event. I can't quite say a sad day. Birth is frightening as well, a great violence. And yet, there is something on the other side, a light, as well as cold air. For a newborn, there are people and love.

What will there be for me?

Perhaps I am like the fallen angels in Wings of Desire. The coat of armor will land on my head. But the colors of a world I have only ever before seen in stark contrasts will emerge.
Was ist das?
Grau-blau...
And so... I step lightly. Who knows, the call may yet come. Either way, I walk through a door.

1 comment:

L said...

I love the Wings of Desire image. We only saw it last year because it used to be one of our best friend's favorite movies back in the late 1980s.

I'm sure it's scary and sad to think it might have been your last lecture ever. It's tough to let go. Someday I may as well.