Thursday, October 25, 2007

Growing enthusiasm

I spent another 20 or 30 minutes on the phone this morning with another member of the search committee for the interdisciplinary post in the Midwest. He's from an entirely different department, and had been referred to me by the chair as another person I might like to talk to. My enthusiasm only grows. I felt a great rapport with him, and he mostly confirmed what I was told by the search committee chair. He must have felt a level of rapport with me as well, as he recounted tales of meeting his wife and such, along with descriptions of his research, and what they are seeking in this post. He ended by saying that he looked for my materials and noticed I hadn't submitted any yet, but that he would certainly encourage me to apply.

I'm ready to court, though I hope I won't end up "on top of old smoky".

No comments: