Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm leaving, on a jet plane

Heading out tomorrow morning. Long travel day. It'll be Thursday morning when I arrive, so I better get my sleep on the plane. I'm looking forward to the trip. I think this will be a big boost to my self-confidence. It'll mark the first time for a long while that I've felt acknowledged as a leading light in something. I think we all need that once in a while. Too much and it'd go to our heads, I'm sure. But I've not gotten it for a while. This will be a welcome change.

I sent my presentation slides and notes to my panel, and to the organizer of the conference, the one who invited me to participate in the first place. The latter wrote me back with a brief, but very nice note, to the effect that it should prove a fascinating talk, and that he looks forward to meeting me. That's nice to hear, real nice!

Wish me well, as I embark on an adventure as an academic once again. And wish me well on making sense during my radio interview on Thursday. If anyone's in the UK (or thinks they might have access to the online feeds) and would like details on when and where it might air, drop me a line, and I'll forward the details as soon as I know them. Best wishes to all. See you on the other side.

No comments: