Sunday, September 16, 2007

Inventing a way to say it

Inventor: [arranging bottles of water on the floor] Look daddy, when I fall it on the top it falls on the down.

Me: I see that. When you put it on top, it falls down.

Inventor:
NOOOOO! [blood curdling scream] I say it: "When I fall it on the top, it falls on the down."

Me:
Oh... okay.
...

Inventor:
[sitting cross legged on the floor] Look daddy, I can only make this kind of bended knee lap.

Me: Wow! I see. What other kinds of lap can you make?

Inventor:
[rearranging] I can make this kind of lap.
[rearranging again] And I can make this kind of lap.

Me:
[rearranging, knees on the floor, sitting back] Can you make this kind of lap?

Inventor:
[blood curdling scream] No, daddy. We call that kneeling! That's not a lap.

Me:
Oh, okay

No comments: