Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Checking off tasks

Putting my ducks in a row:

  • Met yesterday with a regional business startup group, gave a short presentation on my company, and got matched with four local executives/entrepreneurs to serve as mentors.
  • I'll be meeting with a patent attorney later this week, to move ahead with initial patent applications.
  • I have (only) six applications in hand for my three researcher positions. Hopefully more will arrive by the end of the week. I think there's at least one or two in the pool I'll be able to make an offer to.
  • Still working on finalizing the proposal for the second stage of my big contract.
  • Still awaiting official contact for negotiating details of the new first stage contract (though I'm happy with the delay, since it might give me some more time to bring on staff).
  • Closing on the office building at the end of the month.
  • Eagerly hoping to be finished with the bulk of these administrative tasks soon, so I can get back into the heart of the R&D.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

Wow, lots of things going on over there! I hope everything works out just fine (as I probably have said already countless times over here ;-).