Monday, June 22, 2009

Moving on

I spent the day preparing my application materials for the gig across the sea. Sent! Their email confirmation noted:
Your application will be considered by a selection committee, which generally occurs within two weeks of the posted closing date. Our next contact with you will be to advise whether you will be invited for an interview.
Wow... that's refreshing. Efficiency. So, now I put it out of my mind, and worry about possibilities if they arise. Meantime, I've got patent applications to prepare.

Applying for the research job was just something I thought I ought to do... well, something which I wanted to do. But I'm perfectly content whether they consider me or not. My self-worth no longer rests on validation from academia. I am utterly convinced of the value of my ideas. Those who are funding my research obviously are as well.

We shall see what becomes. Either way I'll be fine.

3 comments:

Lilian said...

Wow, what an interesting new development! And what a great place to be in right now -- applying without the need for validation.

undine said...

I agree with Lilian. Good luck, but it's great that you're fine with it either way.

ArticulateDad said...

Thanks for your remarks, my friends. Wait and see now. Starting Sunday, I'll spend a week at the Lakehouse, which should be good for my nerves. The last time I spent a few days there, I returned to receive word of my company's first contract. Perhaps I'll have something to celebrate on this return as well.