Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Steps & Progress

Yesterday, I issued an offer of employment to hire a new full-time researcher. That brings the staff to seven (four full time). The two current projects are proceeding. New opportunities have been coming up, for which I expect to prepare proposals.

Though I took the steps myself to get where I am today, like wandering in unfamiliar woods, it's hard to recall just how the path took shape. I have believed that circumstances are not immutable, that we can rise above or alter the conditions we are given. Somehow, along the way, I have done just that (at least for now).

I am comfortable, happy, still in love with my wife and delighted by my children. I am well on the way to paying off the remainder of our student loans, and beginning to save for retirement again.

Severe thunderstorm warning. Watch for lightning!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Nice new blog looks! I have to check the new blogger templates, I guess (supposing you didn't get it from elsewhere -- I didn't check).

I'm glad you're in such a good position. Someday I'll find my path too, I hope.

apparently said...

amazing@! you've come so far, congrats!